South of Broadway’s Playfest:
Is a showcase of short plays. If you have a full-length or one-act play you’re interested in submitting, please create a standalone 10-minute play version in order to submit.
Plays will be simply produced – no script in hand. Actors memorize their lines and the pieces are simply produced. Set pieces and props are limited (a table, a few chairs, and some blocks) so keep that in mind when you submit.
Both nights have the same program. Performance dates for 2018 are Friday, May 4th and Saturday, May 5th at 7:30 pm.
Submissions are blind. Plays are selected by a panel of theatre professionals not closely affiliated with SOBTC.
Actors and directors will be assigned.
Actor-director teams should plan on 2-3 rehearsals before tech night. The playwright is invited to come to the first rehearsals in order to make constructive adjustments to the script.
All positions are volunteer. Actors, directors and writers are not compensated.
Submission Guidelines for Writers:
- Scripts are due by March 18, 2018
- Works must be previously unproduced. (Readings/workshops are fine.)
- Submit scripts electronically to Erin at email@example.com in PDF or .doc or .docx format
- Limit of 10 minutes/7 pages in Standard Script Format
- DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ANYWHERE ON YOUR SCRIPT. But DO put your name in the email you send with your script so we know whose it is.
- Limit of 2 script submissions per writer. Only one script can be selected for PlayFest by each writer. Send your best stuff!
If you or someone you know is interested in directing or acting, let us know! Have them email Kristen at Kristen@SouthOfBroadway.com
Please spread the word to the writers, actors and directors you know. Thanks!